22 Shouts - 8,267 Scrobbles
Meczûp is an electroacoustic composer from Istanbul, Turkey. His primary compositional approach is that of concrete sounds, that is, music made from unconventional and non-musical sources. However, the music featured here is not in his usual style and focuses instead on one unique source – the Theremin: one of the oldest electronic instruments still being manufactured and used today. Meczûp’s experienced control over this difficult instrument does not go unnoticed as you’ll hear in his eerily drifting melodies using expressive middle-eastern scales...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Tale For Lancinant Screws - (3:34) - 51 plays
- Kwaidan - (4:55) - 21 plays
- Puriest Morning of All Times - (4:29) - 18 plays
- The Ribald Genie - (8:07) - 16 plays
- The Bridge of Khazad-dûm - (9:03) - 13 plays
- Blossom in Cemetery - (7:05) - 10 plays
- Garoun A - (1:51) - 11 plays
- Mental Pain - (5:51) - 9 plays
- Enter Chaos - (3:11) - 7 plays
- Shadow: A Parable - (1:06) - 6 plays