81 Shouts - 1,761,230 Scrobbles
Alfred McCoy Tyner (born 11 December 1938) is a jazz pianist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, known for his work with the John Coltrane Quartet and a long solo career. Tyner was born in Philadelphia as the oldest of three children. He was encouraged to study piano by his mother. He finally began studying the piano at age 13 and within two years, music had become the focal point in his life. His early influences included Bud Powell, a Philadelphia neighbor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- When Sunny Gets Blue - (4:43) - 28,206 plays
- Search For Peace - (7:33) - 4,749 plays
- Contemplation - (9:13) - 4,635 plays
- Passion Dance - (8:43) - 3,395 plays
- Blues On The Corner - (6:32) - 1,494 plays
- Four By Five - (5:31) - 1,421 plays
- Autumn Leaves - (6:11) - 1,414 plays
- Naima - (12:12) - 1,205 plays
- Satin Doll - (7:10) - 1,186 plays
- Three Flowers - (10:13) - 853 plays