75 Shouts - 1,521,037 Scrobbles
Alfred McCoy Tyner (born 11 December 1938) is a jazz pianist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, known for his work with the John Coltrane Quartet and a long solo career. Tyner was born in Philadelphia as the oldest of three children. He was encouraged to study piano by his mother. He finally began studying the piano at age 13 and within two years, music had become the focal point in his life. His early influences included Bud Powell, a Philadelphia neighbor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Passion Dance - (8:46) - 5,032 plays
- Contemplation (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) [1999 - Remaster] - (9:12) - 2,916 plays
- Search For Peace - (7:33) - 3,531 plays
- Blues On The Corner - (6:32) - 2,907 plays
- Contemplation - (6:11) - 2,687 plays
- Four By Five - (5:31) - 1,881 plays
- Satin Doll - (7:10) - 1,721 plays
- Naima - (6:39) - 1,318 plays
- Inception - (4:28) - 1,141 plays
- You Taught My Heart to Sing - (5:37) - 959 plays