79 Shouts - 1,619,189 Scrobbles
Alfred McCoy Tyner (born 11 December 1938) is a jazz pianist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, known for his work with the John Coltrane Quartet and a long solo career. Tyner was born in Philadelphia as the oldest of three children. He was encouraged to study piano by his mother. He finally began studying the piano at age 13 and within two years, music had become the focal point in his life. His early influences included Bud Powell, a Philadelphia neighbor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- When Sunny Gets Blue - (4:43) - 8,848 plays
- Passion Dance - (8:43) - 4,697 plays
- Search For Peace - (7:33) - 3,082 plays
- Contemplation - (9:13) - 2,892 plays
- Blues On The Corner - (6:32) - 2,367 plays
- Contemplation (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) [1999 - Remaster] - (9:12) - 1,773 plays
- Four By Five - (5:31) - 1,632 plays
- Satin Doll - (7:10) - 1,353 plays
- Naima - (6:39) - 1,120 plays
- Autumn Leaves - (6:11) - 923 plays