81 Shouts - 1,673,988 Scrobbles
Alfred McCoy Tyner (born 11 December 1938) is a jazz pianist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, known for his work with the John Coltrane Quartet and a long solo career. Tyner was born in Philadelphia as the oldest of three children. He was encouraged to study piano by his mother. He finally began studying the piano at age 13 and within two years, music had become the focal point in his life. His early influences included Bud Powell, a Philadelphia neighbor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- When Sunny Gets Blue - (4:43) - 22,490 plays
- Passion Dance - (8:43) - 2,870 plays
- Search For Peace - (7:33) - 2,424 plays
- Contemplation - (9:13) - 2,441 plays
- Blues On The Corner - (6:32) - 1,470 plays
- Four By Five - (5:31) - 1,255 plays
- Naima - (12:12) - 1,074 plays
- Autumn Leaves - (6:11) - 988 plays
- Satin Doll - (7:10) - 995 plays
- Three Flowers - (10:13) - 674 plays