49 Shouts - 101,246 Scrobbles
There are two bands known as Maypole. 1). This 1970 US eponymous effort from Baltimore outfit Maypole mixes psych with heavy rock and adds some prog sub-themes to leaven the mix. Full of interesting ideas and some fabulous Hendrix-inspired lead guitar from founder Dennis Tobell, this album of original compositions was recorded at New York's A&R Studios by Pat Perticone. The band's name came from a Maypole erected in New England in defiance of Puritan laws designed to stifle life in 17th century America, and the album's lengthy liner notes, contain the group's "mission statement".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Łajdak - (1:35) - 106 plays
- Silence - (3:21) - 45 plays
- Turning Point - (2:53) - 60 plays
- Catch Phrase - (2:58) - 34 plays
- Mistake By Mistake - (2:33) - 56 plays
- Consideration - (2:43) - 57 plays
- When You're Sad - (3:23) - 49 plays
- No Speed Limit - (3:56) - 60 plays
- Glance At The Past - (1:25) - 22 plays
- F.A.T.P - (2:45) - 53 plays