0 Shouts - 8,277 Scrobbles
Maybelle Carter (May 10, 1909 - October 23, 1978), popularly known as Mother Maybelle Carter, was an American country musician and a member of The Carter Family, a singing group who had a profound impact on bluegrass, country, southern gospel, pop and rock musicians as well as on the U.S. folk revival of the 1960s. She had three daughters, Helen Carter, Valerie June Carter (later known as June Carter Cash, following June's marriage to Johnny Cash), and Anita Carter.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bury Me Under the Weeping Willow - (2:33) - 657 plays
- Wildwood Flower - (2:42) - 49 plays
- The Storms Are on the Ocean - (3:03) - 40 plays
- Foggy Mountain Top - (2:06) - 41 plays
- He's Solid Gone - (2:43) - 22 plays
- (Bury Me Under The) Weeping Willow - (2:40) - 20 plays
- Coal Miner's Blues - (0:56) - 10 plays
- Sugar Hill - (1:05) - 12 plays
- Two Sweethearts Of Mine (Two Sweethearts At Home) - (5:02) - 11 plays
- Cannonball Blues (He's Solid Gone) - (2:07) - 8 plays