0 Shouts - 9,388 Scrobbles
Maybelle Carter (May 10, 1909 - October 23, 1978), popularly known as Mother Maybelle Carter, was an American country musician and a member of The Carter Family, a singing group who had a profound impact on bluegrass, country, southern gospel, pop and rock musicians as well as on the U.S. folk revival of the 1960s. She had three daughters, Helen Carter, Valerie June Carter (later known as June Carter Cash, following June's marriage to Johnny Cash), and Anita Carter.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bury Me Under the Weeping Willow - (2:33) - 197 plays
- Wildwood Flower - (2:42) - 178 plays
- The Storms Are on the Ocean - (3:03) - 50 plays
- Foggy Mountain Top - (2:06) - 53 plays
- The Old Gospel Ship - (2:00) - 16 plays
- He's Solid Gone - (2:43) - 22 plays
- (Bury Me Under The) Weeping Willow - (2:40) - 20 plays
- Sugar Hill - (1:05) - 12 plays
- I'm Leaving You - (2:39) - 11 plays
- (Come All Ye) Fair and Tender Ladies - (4:00) - 8 plays