55 Shouts - 485,106 Scrobbles
Maxwell Lemuel Roach (January 10, 1924 - August 16, 2007) to parents Alphonse and Cressie Roach. He was a world-class percussionist, drummer, and jazz composer. Roach was born in the Township of Newland, Pasquotank County, North Carolina, which borders the southern edge of the Great Dismal Swamp, to Alphonse and Cressie Roach. Many confuse this with Newland Town in Avery County. Although Roach's birth certificate lists his date of birth as January 10, 1924, Roach has been quoted by Phil Schaap as having stated that his family believed he was born on January 8, 1925.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- January V - (3:22) - 2,374 plays
- Freedom Day - (6:07) - 1,155 plays
- All Africa - (8:02) - 802 plays
- Driva' Man - (5:17) - 794 plays
- Tears for Johannesburg - (9:44) - 715 plays
- Equipoise - 503 plays
- Garvey's Ghost - (7:51) - 384 plays
- Lonesome Lover - (7:01) - 342 plays
- Driva'Man - (5:20) - 310 plays
- Abstrutions - (3:40) - 333 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online