55 Shouts - 492,018 Scrobbles
Maxwell Lemuel Roach (January 10, 1924 - August 16, 2007) to parents Alphonse and Cressie Roach. He was a world-class percussionist, drummer, and jazz composer. Roach was born in the Township of Newland, Pasquotank County, North Carolina, which borders the southern edge of the Great Dismal Swamp, to Alphonse and Cressie Roach. Many confuse this with Newland Town in Avery County. Although Roach's birth certificate lists his date of birth as January 10, 1924, Roach has been quoted by Phil Schaap as having stated that his family believed he was born on January 8, 1925.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- January V - (3:22) - 2,294 plays
- Freedom Day - (6:07) - 1,202 plays
- Driva' Man - (5:17) - 867 plays
- All Africa - (8:02) - 811 plays
- Tears for Johannesburg - (9:44) - 806 plays
- Garvey's Ghost - (7:51) - 478 plays
- The Drum Also Waltzes - (3:01) - 520 plays
- For Big Sid - (2:11) - 344 plays
- Equipoise - 398 plays
- Lonesome Lover - (7:01) - 330 plays