55 Shouts - 495,347 Scrobbles
Maxwell Lemuel Roach (January 10, 1924 - August 16, 2007) to parents Alphonse and Cressie Roach. He was a world-class percussionist, drummer, and jazz composer. Roach was born in the Township of Newland, Pasquotank County, North Carolina, which borders the southern edge of the Great Dismal Swamp, to Alphonse and Cressie Roach. Many confuse this with Newland Town in Avery County. Although Roach's birth certificate lists his date of birth as January 10, 1924, Roach has been quoted by Phil Schaap as having stated that his family believed he was born on January 8, 1925.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- January V - (3:22) - 2,257 plays
- Freedom Day - (6:07) - 1,209 plays
- Driva' Man - (5:17) - 846 plays
- Tears for Johannesburg - (9:44) - 803 plays
- All Africa - (8:02) - 813 plays
- Garvey's Ghost - (7:51) - 463 plays
- The Drum Also Waltzes - (3:01) - 537 plays
- For Big Sid - (2:11) - 340 plays
- Driva'Man - (5:20) - 322 plays
- Equipoise - 382 plays