55 Shouts - 485,193 Scrobbles
Maxwell Lemuel Roach (January 10, 1924 - August 16, 2007) to parents Alphonse and Cressie Roach. He was a world-class percussionist, drummer, and jazz composer. Roach was born in the Township of Newland, Pasquotank County, North Carolina, which borders the southern edge of the Great Dismal Swamp, to Alphonse and Cressie Roach. Many confuse this with Newland Town in Avery County. Although Roach's birth certificate lists his date of birth as January 10, 1924, Roach has been quoted by Phil Schaap as having stated that his family believed he was born on January 8, 1925.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- January V - (3:22) - 2,375 plays
- Freedom Day - (6:07) - 1,237 plays
- Driva' Man - (5:17) - 881 plays
- All Africa - (8:02) - 819 plays
- Tears for Johannesburg - (9:44) - 795 plays
- The Drum Also Waltzes - (3:01) - 474 plays
- Garvey's Ghost - (7:51) - 470 plays
- Lonesome Lover - (7:01) - 330 plays
- Equipoise - 392 plays
- Driva'Man - (5:20) - 327 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online