52 Shouts - 398,429 Scrobbles
Maxwell Lemuel Roach (January 10, 1924 - August 16, 2007) to parents Alphonse and Cressie Roach. He was a world-class percussionist, drummer, and jazz composer. In 1952 Roach co-founded Debut Records with bassist Charles Mingus. This label released a record of a concert, billed and widely considered as "the greatest concert ever," called "Jazz at Massey Hall," featuring Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Bud Powell, Mingus and Roach. Also released on this label was the groundbreaking bass-and-drum free improvisation, "Percussion Discussion."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- January V - (3:15) - 3,234 plays
- Freedom Day - (6:06) - 1,549 plays
- Tears for Johannesburg - (9:44) - 1,151 plays
- Driva' Man - (5:18) - 1,067 plays
- All Africa - (8:02) - 1,037 plays
- Garvey's Ghost - (7:51) - 686 plays
- Mama - (4:49) - 583 plays
- Lonesome Lover - (7:01) - 632 plays
- Man from South Africa - (5:13) - 562 plays
- Praise for a Martyr - (7:10) - 505 plays