55 Shouts - 439,534 Scrobbles
Maxwell Lemuel Roach (January 10, 1924 - August 16, 2007) to parents Alphonse and Cressie Roach. He was a world-class percussionist, drummer, and jazz composer. In 1952 Roach co-founded Debut Records with bassist Charles Mingus. This label released a record of a concert, billed and widely considered as "the greatest concert ever," called "Jazz at Massey Hall," featuring Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Bud Powell, Mingus and Roach. Also released on this label was the groundbreaking bass-and-drum free improvisation, "Percussion Discussion."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- January V - (3:22) - 3,014 plays
- Freedom Day - (6:07) - 1,273 plays
- All Africa - (8:02) - 842 plays
- Tears for Johannesburg - (9:44) - 810 plays
- Driva' Man - (5:15) - 732 plays
- Garvey's Ghost - (7:51) - 618 plays
- Driva'man - (5:20) - 569 plays
- Mama - (4:49) - 494 plays
- Man From South Africa - (5:13) - 412 plays
- Praise For A Martyr - (7:09) - 458 plays