856 Shouts - 12,116,584 Scrobbles
Composer Max Richter was born in Germany in 1966 and grew up in the UK. He studied composition and piano at Edinburgh University, the Royal Academy of Music and in Florence with Luciano Berio. Though he has a strong background in the canons of classical music, his influences were more modern composers and in particular, Iannis Xenakis whose musical compositions applied mathematical and physical laws and Philip Glass whose sound was a major influence on Richter.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On the Nature of Daylight - (6:10) - 51,799 plays
- Vladimir's Blues - (1:18) - 29,950 plays
- Horizon Variations - (1:52) - 22,934 plays
- Iconography - (3:38) - 20,193 plays
- Shadow Journal - (8:21) - 18,621 plays
- Written on the Sky - (1:39) - 19,804 plays
- The Blue Notebooks - (1:20) - 18,598 plays
- Sarajevo - (4:02) - 17,734 plays
- Arboretum - (2:52) - 14,145 plays
- November - (6:22) - 20,306 plays