0 Shouts - 86,859 Scrobbles
There are at least six artists using the name Maurice:Read More...
(1) Maurice - A Pop Rock Band from Victoria, BC
(2) Maurice - Mormon rapper from Arizona, US
(3) Maurice - House music DJ / producer
(4) Maurice - A Louisville post-hardcore-metal band from the early to mid 1980's that had members of both Kinghorse and Slint.
(5) Maurice - Birmingham born songwriter who makes up one half of London duo Gentle Friendly
(6) Maurice - Chicago-based jazz/shoegaze band
(7) Maurice - An experimental indie-pop composer, singer and keyboard player from Argentina
(1) Maurice Maurice began in Victoria, British Columbia in parent's basements, community halls, and the bars of Vancouver Island. The young members crafted memorable pop songs mixed with humour, heartbreak, and references to their Western Canadian landscape. These songs caught the ear of David Foster, who was so taken with the band, that he signed the group to his Warner Brothers imprint, 143 Records, in 2007.
The years that followed were a period of growth for the band; They spent several months writing and recording what would become Young People With Faces with Producer Matt Hyde. Recording nearly 25 tracks for the album in Silverlake, Hollywood and Van Nuys during the end of 2008, Maurice had a large catalogue to contribute to their first offering.
(2) Maurice - Mormon rapper: This is the official site for the Mormon rapper Maurice: http://www.myspace.com/mauricescrapbook
(3) Maurice - House music DJ / producer: In the years since he first burst upon the club scene in 1989 with the now classic anthem "This Is Acid", 2002 and 2001 Grammy Nominated Remixer of the year Maurice Joshua has earned an extremely high degree of respect from his contemporaries. In fact, in the grand scheme of house music, he is revered as one of the worlds best DJ / Producers / Remixers as well as one of the original architects of the sound that now dominates dance floors all over the world. See also Maurice Joshua and Digital Black-N-Groove.
(4) Sean Garrison (Kinghorse), Dave Pajo (Slint, Papa M, Dead Child, Tortoise), Mike Bucayu, Britt Walford (Slint, Squirrel Bait) and someone else. I'll catch this up when I get more details.
(5) In the early-mid 00s, David 'Maurice' Morris fronted Birmingham band Thee Reverends and played bass in Shocked Elevator Family. Both bands released records on Giant Manilow Records. Since 2008 he has fronted London duo Gentle Friendly, whose debut EP 'Night Tape' was released on No Pain in Pop and was followed by their first full-length release 'Ride Slow' on Upset the Rhythm in 2009.
(6) A Chicago-based jazz/shoegaze band, which released the albums Ace of Wands (2008), Everything is Floating (2010), Plants and X-Rays (2011), and Pour Toi (2012).
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Is Acid - 39,687 plays
- This Is Acid (radio mix) - 3,627 plays
- This Is Acid (Boys Noize rework) - 2,693 plays
- Kerosene - 2,237 plays
- Feline (Original Union Mix) - 1,194 plays
- Baby - 1,061 plays
- Feline - 1,000 plays
- Love is Love - 995 plays
- Dear Music - 523 plays
- This Is Where We Are For Now - 675 plays