96 Shouts - 1,809,369 Scrobbles
Matthew Sweet (born October 6, 1964) is a power pop musician from Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. He was part of the burgeoning Athens, Georgia music scene in the early and mid-1980s before gaining commercial success during the early 1990s. As a young musician wanting to make a name for himself, Sweet set off to Athens, Georgia in the mid '80s, to attend college and join the vibrant Athens music scene, most famous as the home base for R.E.M. and The B-52's. Sweet worked with R.E.M.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI wanna love somebody
I hear you need somebody to love
Oh, I wanna love somebody
I hear you're looking for someone to love
'Cause you need to be back
- LyricsYou don’t know, how you move me
And consume me
I’m all used up
I’m out of luck
- LyricsWhen you said to me
"You are not so old"
Did I know it then?
'Cause I had just been told
I didn't think I'd find you
- LyricsI don't know where I'm gonna live
I don't know if I'll find a place
I'd have to think about it some
That I do not wish to face
I guess I'm counting on His Divine Intervention
- LyricsShe's on another planet, she's in my dream
She's some kind of angel, if you know what I mean
Try her on and she fits like a glove
Too bad she only thinks about the Lord above
Evangeline, Evangeline, I think I love you
- Winona - (4:59) - 1,765 plays
- Looking At The Sun - (4:15) - 1,854 plays
- Thought I Knew You - (3:58) - 1,652 plays
- You Don't Love Me - (6:46) - 1,393 plays
- We're The Same - (3:02) - 1,814 plays