Master Musicians of Jajouka
28 Shouts - 77,745 Scrobbles
The Master Musicians Of Jajouka are an ensemble of sufi trance musicians from the village of Jajouka, Morocco in the southern Rif Mountains. The music of Jajouka is a form of reed, pipe, and percussion music that relies on drones, improvisation, and complex rhythms, much of which is unique to Jajouka, often creating a trance state, induced by the intense sound and rhythm of the flutes. While under the leadership of Hadj Abdesalam Attar, came through their introduction to the Beat generation writer-painter Brion Gysin became fascinated with the group's music and led writer William S.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Middle of the Night - (5:54) - 70 plays
- El Medahey - (7:05) - 50 plays
- Gabahay - (6:02) - 45 plays
- A Habibi Ouajee T'Allel Allaiya - (4:13) - 43 plays
- Up to the Sky, Down to the Earth - (6:30) - 94 plays
- 55 (Hamsa Oua Hamsine) - (0:58) - 44 plays
- Jajouka Between the Mountains - (5:53) - 37 plays
- Your Eyes are Like a Cup of Tea (Reprise with Flute) - (18:05) - 33 plays
- You Can Find the Feeling - (5:46) - 44 plays
- Take Me With You My Darling, Take Me With You (Dinimaak A Habibi Dinimaak) - (8:05) - 33 plays