The avant-jazz guitarist Mary Halvorson has been making a stir in downtown New Music circles for a while now. She is noted for her collaborations with the violist Jessica Pavone, among many others. Halvorson's strong 2008 debut, DRAGON'S HEAD features her new trio, comprised of the extraordinarily fluent bassist John Hebert and drummer Ches Smith (of indie-rockers Xiu-Xiu). Together, they make a far-ranging, expansive, and even accessible sound.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Torturer's Reverse Delight - (5:27) - 117 plays
- Reverse Blue - (5:08) - 102 plays
- Insomniac's Delight - (6:11) - 102 plays
- Hako - (7:58) - 103 plays
- Rebel's Revue - (5:05) - 98 plays
- Ego Man - (6:02) - 86 plays
- Old Blue - (5:32) - 79 plays
- Really OK - (4:47) - 78 plays
- That Other Thing - (5:02) - 57 plays
- Ordered Thoughts Ceased - (3:59) - 77 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online