49 Shouts - 733,201 Scrobbles
Mary Gauthier (born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1962) is an American country and folk singer/songwriter. Given up at birth by a mother she never knew, Mary was adopted. At age 15, she ran away from home and stole her parents' car, and spent the next several years in detox, halfway houses, and living with friends; she spent her 18th birthday in jail. These experiences provided fodder for her songwriting later on (particularly her song "Drag Queens in Limousines").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Drink - (4:21) - 2,711 plays
- Mercy Now - (5:52) - 2,049 plays
- LyricsI hated high school, I prayed it would end
The jocks and their girls, it was their world, I didn't fit in
Mama said, "Baby, it's the best school that money can buy
Hold your head up, be strong, c'mon Mary, try"
I stole mama's car on a Sunday and left home for good
- When a Woman Goes Cold - (3:51) - 967 plays
- Our Lady Of The Shooting Stars - (4:11) - 1,042 plays
- False From True - (2:57) - 808 plays
- Trouble and Love - (6:15) - 755 plays
- Your Sister Cried - (5:00) - 714 plays
- Falling Out Of Love - (5:57) - 665 plays
- Oh Soul - (6:01) - 746 plays