49 Shouts - 708,700 Scrobbles
Mary Gauthier (born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1962) is an American country and folk singer/songwriter. Given up at birth by a mother she never knew, Mary was adopted. At age 15, she ran away from home and stole her parents' car, and spent the next several years in detox, halfway houses, and living with friends; she spent her 18th birthday in jail. These experiences provided fodder for her songwriting later on (particularly her song "Drag Queens in Limousines").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Drink - (4:21) - 2,805 plays
- Mercy Now - (5:52) - 2,262 plays
- Drag Queens In Limousines - (6:03) - 1,144 plays
- LyricsOur Lady of the Shooting Stars was that you last night?
Did we dance a whispered waltz, did I hold you in my sight?
When morning came with open arms she lifted you from me
The sunlight burned my eyes away now I cannot see
Our Lady of the Shooting Stars as I face the early light
- Falling Out Of Love - (5:57) - 890 plays
- The Foundling - (3:39) - 721 plays
- Your Sister Cried - (5:00) - 745 plays
- Last Of The Hobo Kings - (6:30) - 630 plays
- Snakebit - (4:31) - 597 plays
- Christmas In Paradise - (4:49) - 590 plays