19 Shouts - 278,593 Scrobbles
Hamlisch was born in New York City to Viennese Jewish parents. His was a musical family with his father being an accordionist and bandleader. Marvin Hamlisch was something of a child prodigy and by age five he began mimicking music he heard on the radio on the piano. A few months before he turned seven, in 1951, he became the youngest person ever accepted to the Juilliard School. However anxiety issues kept him from pursuing a career as a concert pianist leading him to instead focus on composition, specifically for film and theater.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Pyramids - (1:28) - 551 plays
- The Entertainer - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Orchestra Version) - (3:03) - 542 plays
- Bond 77 - (4:21) - 389 plays
- Ride To Atlantis - (3:29) - 239 plays
- Mojave Club - (2:14) - 134 plays
- Anya - (3:22) - 116 plays
- Solace - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Orchestra Version) - (3:35) - 163 plays
- What I Did For Love - (3:48) - 101 plays
- Solace - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Piano Version) - (3:34) - 134 plays