19 Shouts - 249,886 Scrobbles
Hamlisch was born in New York City to Viennese Jewish parents. His was a musical family with his father being an accordionist and bandleader. Marvin Hamlisch was something of a child prodigy and by age five he began mimicking music he heard on the radio on the piano. A few months before he turned seven, in 1951, he became the youngest person ever accepted to the Juilliard School. However anxiety issues kept him from pursuing a career as a concert pianist leading him to instead focus on composition, specifically for film and theater.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Pyramids - (1:30) - 1,555 plays
- Bond 77 - (4:21) - 793 plays
- The Entertainer - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Orchestra Version) - (3:03) - 561 plays
- Ride To Atlantis - (3:29) - 420 plays
- Conclusion - (1:33) - 241 plays
- The Tanker - (4:25) - 270 plays
- Mojave Club - (2:14) - 235 plays
- Anya - (3:22) - 225 plays
- Nobody Does It Better (Instrumental) - (4:46) - 248 plays