19 Shouts - 291,612 Scrobbles
Hamlisch was born in New York City to Viennese Jewish parents. His was a musical family with his father being an accordionist and bandleader. Marvin Hamlisch was something of a child prodigy and by age five he began mimicking music he heard on the radio on the piano. A few months before he turned seven, in 1951, he became the youngest person ever accepted to the Juilliard School. However anxiety issues kept him from pursuing a career as a concert pianist leading him to instead focus on composition, specifically for film and theater.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Entertainer - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Orchestra Version) - (3:03) - 535 plays
- The Pyramids - (1:28) - 476 plays
- Bond 77 - (4:03) - 349 plays
- Ride To Atlantis - (3:29) - 221 plays
- Mojave Club - (2:14) - 104 plays
- Easy Winners - The Sting/Soundtrack Version - (2:45) - 105 plays
- Solace - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Orchestra Version) - (3:35) - 134 plays
- Solace - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Piano Version) - (3:34) - 107 plays
- The Entertainer - The Sting/Soundtrack Version (Piano Version) - (2:34) - 115 plays