11 Shouts - 131,391 Scrobbles
Marty Wilde (born Reginald Leonard Smith, April 15, 1939, in Greenwich, South London) is an English singer and songwriter. He was among the first generation of British pop stars to imitate American rock'n'roll. He was performing under the name Reg Patterson at London's Condor Club in 1957 when he was spotted by impresario Larry Parnes. Parnes gave his protégées surnames like Fury, Power, Gentle and Pride etc, hence the change to Wilde. The 'Marty' came from the commended 1955 film Marty.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea of Love - (2:22) - 1,373 plays
- A Teenager in Love - (2:19) - 1,306 plays
- Bad Boy - (2:22) - 463 plays
- Endless Sleep - (2:21) - 399 plays
- Rubber Ball - (2:16) - 234 plays
- Jezebel - (2:59) - 251 plays
- Teenager In Love - (2:22) - 295 plays
- Donna - (2:14) - 189 plays
- Abergavenny - (2:48) - 185 plays
- Dream Lover - (2:24) - 104 plays