10 Shouts - 115,542 Scrobbles
Marty Wilde (born Reginald Leonard Smith, April 15, 1939, in Greenwich, South London) is an English singer and songwriter. He was among the first generation of British pop stars to imitate American rock'n'roll. He was performing under the name Reg Patterson at London's Condor Club in 1957 when he was spotted by impresario Larry Parnes. Parnes gave his protégées surnames like Fury, Power, Gentle and Pride etc, hence the change to Wilde. The 'Marty' came from the commended 1955 film Marty.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea of Love - (2:22) - 2,438 plays
- A Teenager in Love - (2:19) - 1,253 plays
- Bad Boy - (2:22) - 790 plays
- Teenager In Love - (2:22) - 777 plays
- Endless Sleep - (2:21) - 618 plays
- Donna - (2:14) - 511 plays
- Dream Lover - (2:25) - 454 plays
- Jezebel - (2:59) - 462 plays
- Rubber Ball - (2:16) - 398 plays
- Abergavenny - (2:48) - 234 plays