10 Shouts - 120,976 Scrobbles
Marty Wilde (born Reginald Leonard Smith, April 15, 1939, in Greenwich, South London) is an English singer and songwriter. He was among the first generation of British pop stars to imitate American rock'n'roll. He was performing under the name Reg Patterson at London's Condor Club in 1957 when he was spotted by impresario Larry Parnes. Parnes gave his protégées surnames like Fury, Power, Gentle and Pride etc, hence the change to Wilde. The 'Marty' came from the commended 1955 film Marty.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sea of Love - (2:22) - 2,528 plays
- A Teenager in Love - (2:19) - 1,232 plays
- Bad Boy - (2:22) - 758 plays
- Teenager In Love - (2:22) - 562 plays
- Endless Sleep - (2:21) - 476 plays
- Donna - (2:14) - 469 plays
- Rubber Ball - (2:16) - 338 plays
- Jezebel - (2:59) - 318 plays
- Dream Lover - (2:24) - 292 plays
- Abergavenny - (2:48) - 159 plays