242 Shouts - 3,728,470 Scrobbles
Martina McBride (born Martina Mariea Schiff, July 29, 1966 in Sharon, Kansas) is an American country music singer.
Martina McBride released her honky tonk-flavored debut album The Time Has Come in 1992. Her first big hit was the single "My Baby Loves Me" from her more pop-oriented second album, 1993's The Way That I Am. She became even more visible in 1994 with the crossover success of her anti-domestic violence anthem "Independence Day", also from this album.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsO holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth
The thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
- LyricsWell she seemed all right by dawn's early light
Though she looked a little worried and weak.
She tried to pretend he wasn't drinkin' again
But daddy'd left the proof on her cheek.
And I was only eight years old that summer
- LyricsShe walks to school with the lunch she packed
Nobody knows what she's holding back
Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday
She hides the bruises with the linen and lace, oh
The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask
- LyricsThis is for all you girls about thirteen,
High school can be so rough can be so mean,
Hold on to on to your innocence,
Stand your ground when everybody's givin' in.
This one's for the girls
- LyricsShe loved him like he was the last man on earth
Gave him everything she ever had
He'd break her spirit down, then come lovin' up on her
Give a little, then take it back
She'd tell him about her dreams, he'd just shoot 'em down
- Do You Hear What I Hear - (3:56) - 1,556 plays
- Silver Bells - (2:42) - 1,699 plays
- My Baby Loves Me - (2:36) - 2,772 plays
- I Love You - (2:54) - 2,936 plays
- I'm Gonna Love You Through It - (3:48) - 1,582 plays