57 Shouts - 968,061 Scrobbles
Martin Denny (born April 10, 1911 in New York City, NY, United States - died March 2, 2005 in Honolulu, Hawaii) was an American musician. He was universally known as the founder and reigning king of exotica music, a type of big band music with Latin rhythms and overtones of Pacific Ocean culture that is largely scorned by critics but was extremely popular in the 1950s and 1960s.
Martin Denny's breakthrough album, Exotica, Denny described the music his combo plays as "window dressing, a background".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Exotique Bossa Nova/Quiet Village Bossa Nova (Medley) - (4:17) - 5,243 plays
- Quiet Village - (3:37) - 2,294 plays
- The Enchanted Sea - (1:59) - 1,337 plays
- Hypnotique - (3:09) - 1,006 plays
- Exotica - (3:05) - 1,038 plays
- Japanese Sandman - (1:35) - 618 plays
- Jungle Madness - (3:35) - 777 plays
- Swamp Fire - (2:37) - 890 plays
- Martinique - (2:55) - 974 plays
- Misirlou - 1995 - Remaster - (2:39) - 623 plays