13 Shouts - 230,301 Scrobbles
Martin Carthy (born May 21, 1941) is an English folk singer and guitarist who has remained one of the most influential figures in British traditional music, inspiring contemporaries such as Bob Dylan and Paul Simon and later artists such as Richard Thompson since he emerged as a young musician in the early days of the folk revival. He was born in Hatfield and grew up in Hampstead, London. After training as an actor he sang in coffee bars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Scarborough Fair - (3:26) - 904 plays
- Lord Franklin - (3:39) - 324 plays
- High Germany - (2:35) - 245 plays
- Famous Flower Of Serving Men - (10:18) - 218 plays
- Sovay - (2:13) - 218 plays
- Lovely Joan - (3:13) - 208 plays
- Her Servant Man - (4:18) - 173 plays
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley - (4:30) - 172 plays
- Lord Randall - (4:14) - 147 plays
- The Bedmaking - (3:15) - 157 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online