13 Shouts - 215,109 Scrobbles
Martin Carthy (born May 21, 1941) is an English folk singer and guitarist who has remained one of the most influential figures in British traditional music, inspiring contemporaries such as Bob Dylan and Paul Simon and later artists such as Richard Thompson since he emerged as a young musician in the early days of the folk revival. He was born in Hatfield and grew up in Hampstead, London. After training as an actor he sang in coffee bars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Scarborough Fair - (3:26) - 819 plays
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley - (4:30) - 314 plays
- Sovay - (2:13) - 263 plays
- High Germany - (2:35) - 288 plays
- Lord Franklin - (3:39) - 267 plays
- Lord Randall - (4:14) - 230 plays
- Famous Flower Of Serving Men - (10:18) - 253 plays
- Lovely Joan - (3:13) - 247 plays
- The Bedmaking - (3:15) - 160 plays
- Broomfield Hill - (2:54) - 181 plays