13 Shouts - 221,507 Scrobbles
Martin Carthy (born May 21, 1941) is an English folk singer and guitarist who has remained one of the most influential figures in British traditional music, inspiring contemporaries such as Bob Dylan and Paul Simon and later artists such as Richard Thompson since he emerged as a young musician in the early days of the folk revival. He was born in Hatfield and grew up in Hampstead, London. After training as an actor he sang in coffee bars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Scarborough Fair - (3:26) - 764 plays
- Lord Franklin - (3:39) - 346 plays
- The Bedmaking - (3:15) - 375 plays
- High Germany - (2:35) - 332 plays
- Sovay - (2:13) - 232 plays
- Famous Flower Of Serving Men - (10:18) - 245 plays
- Lovely Joan - (3:13) - 243 plays
- Lord Randall - (4:14) - 217 plays
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley - (4:30) - 214 plays
- Barrack Street Stroll - (3:02) - 148 plays