13 Shouts - 211,400 Scrobbles
Martin Carthy (born May 21, 1941) is an English folk singer and guitarist who has remained one of the most influential figures in British traditional music, inspiring contemporaries such as Bob Dylan and Paul Simon and later artists such as Richard Thompson since he emerged as a young musician in the early days of the folk revival. He was born in Hatfield and grew up in Hampstead, London. After training as an actor he sang in coffee bars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Scarborough Fair - (3:26) - 729 plays
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley - (4:30) - 303 plays
- Sovay - (2:13) - 245 plays
- Lord Randall - (4:14) - 240 plays
- High Germany - (2:35) - 273 plays
- Lovely Joan - (3:13) - 231 plays
- Famous Flower Of Serving Men - (10:18) - 237 plays
- Lord Franklin - (3:39) - 222 plays
- Broomfield Hill - (2:54) - 172 plays
- The Trees They Do Grow High - (3:35) - 176 plays