Martha and The Vandellas
20 Shouts - 449,249 Scrobbles
Martha and the Vandellas were one of the most successful groups in the Motown roster during the 1960s and fully active from 1960 to 1972, performing at various times doo-wop, pop, rock and roll and soul. The label's second most-successful all-female singing group after The Supremes, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas were known for a churchier, more southern-styled soul than the Supremes, as typified in Motown hits such as "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave", "Jimmy Mack", "I'm Ready For Love", "My Baby Loves Me", "Nowhere to Run", and, their signature song, "Dancing in the Street".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nowhere To Run - (2:56) - 2,446 plays
- LyricsCallin' out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancin' in the streets
They're dancin' in Chicago
- Jimmy Mack - (2:50) - 827 plays
- Dancing In The Street (Single Version) - (2:39) - 512 plays
- Dancing In The Streets - (4:28) - 487 plays
- Heatwave - (2:49) - 486 plays
- (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave - (2:46) - 548 plays
- Heatwave (Album Version (Stereo)) - (2:46) - 248 plays
- Heat Wave - (2:45) - 329 plays
- Quicksand - (2:39) - 122 plays