Martha and The Vandellas
20 Shouts - 435,894 Scrobbles
Martha and the Vandellas were one of the most successful groups in the Motown roster during the 1960s and fully active from 1960 to 1972, performing at various times doo-wop, pop, rock and roll and soul. The label's second most-successful all-female singing group after The Supremes, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas were known for a churchier, more southern-styled soul than the Supremes, as typified in Motown hits such as "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave", "Jimmy Mack", "I'm Ready For Love", "My Baby Loves Me", "Nowhere to Run", and, their signature song, "Dancing in the Street".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nowhere To Run - (2:56) - 3,018 plays
- Dancing in the Street - (2:40) - 1,915 plays
- Dancing In The Streets - (4:28) - 905 plays
- Jimmy Mack - (2:50) - 962 plays
- Heatwave - (2:49) - 761 plays
- (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave - (2:46) - 439 plays
- Heat Wave - (2:42) - 244 plays
- Quicksand - (2:39) - 201 plays
- Come And Get These Memories - (3:29) - 96 plays
- I'm Ready For Love - (2:54) - 105 plays