Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
8 Shouts - 245,815 Scrobbles
Martha and the Vandellas were one of the most successful groups in the Motown roster during the 1960s and fully active from 1960 to 1972, performing at various times doo-wop, pop, rock and roll and soul. The label's second most-successful all-female singing group after The Supremes, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas were known for a churchier, more southern-styled soul than the Supremes, as typified in Motown hits such as "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave", "Jimmy Mack", "I'm Ready For Love", "My Baby Loves Me", "Nowhere to Run", and, their signature song, "Dancing in the Street".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nowhere to Run - (3:00) - 2,234 plays
- Dancing in the Street - (2:42) - 1,231 plays
- Dancing In The Streets - (2:37) - 739 plays
- (Love is Like a) Heat Wave - (2:46) - 319 plays
- Jimmy Mack - (2:49) - 436 plays
- Heatwave - (2:45) - 450 plays
- Heat Wave - (0:53) - 149 plays
- (Love Is Like A) Heatwave - (2:47) - 107 plays
- Quicksand - (2:39) - 81 plays
- Honey Chile - (2:59) - 56 plays