Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
8 Shouts - 240,218 Scrobbles
Martha and the Vandellas were one of the most successful groups in the Motown roster during the 1960s and fully active from 1960 to 1972, performing at various times doo-wop, pop, rock and roll and soul. The label's second most-successful all-female singing group after The Supremes, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas were known for a churchier, more southern-styled soul than the Supremes, as typified in Motown hits such as "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave", "Jimmy Mack", "I'm Ready For Love", "My Baby Loves Me", "Nowhere to Run", and, their signature song, "Dancing in the Street".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nowhere to Run - (3:00) - 2,694 plays
- Dancing In The Streets - (2:37) - 954 plays
- Dancing in the Street - (2:42) - 1,387 plays
- (Love is Like a) Heat Wave - (2:46) - 489 plays
- Jimmy Mack - (2:49) - 439 plays
- Heatwave - (2:45) - 422 plays
- (Love Is Like A) Heatwave - (2:47) - 138 plays
- Quicksand - (2:39) - 95 plays
- Heat Wave - (0:53) - 152 plays
- I'll Have to Let Him Go - (2:50) - 71 plays