Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
8 Shouts - 209,582 Scrobbles
Martha and the Vandellas were one of the most successful groups in the Motown roster during the 1960s and fully active from 1960 to 1972, performing at various times doo-wop, pop, rock and roll and soul. The label's second most-successful all-female singing group after The Supremes, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas were known for a churchier, more southern-styled soul than the Supremes, as typified in Motown hits such as "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave", "Jimmy Mack", "I'm Ready For Love", "My Baby Loves Me", "Nowhere to Run", and, their signature song, "Dancing in the Street".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nowhere To Run - (2:59) - 3,354 plays
- Dancing In The Streets - (2:37) - 1,671 plays
- Dancing In The Street - (2:41) - 1,661 plays
- (Love is Like a) Heat Wave - (2:46) - 439 plays
- Jimmy Mack - (2:48) - 419 plays
- Heatwave - (2:47) - 470 plays
- Heatwave - Re-Recording - (2:39) - 86 plays
- Quicksand - (2:38) - 108 plays
- (Love Is Like A) Heatwave - (2:47) - 113 plays
- I'll Have To Let Him Go - (2:50) - 91 plays