Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
69 Shouts - 2,182,024 Scrobbles
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas were one of the most successful groups in the Motown roster during the 1960s and fully active from 1960 to present, performing at various times doo-wop, pop, rock and roll and soul. The label's second most-successful all-female singing group after The Supremes, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas were known for a churchier, more southern-styled soul than the Supremes, as typified in Motown hits such as "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave", "Jimmy Mack", "I'm Ready For Love", "My Baby Loves Me", "Nowhere to Run", and, their signature song, "Dancing in the Street".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsCallin' out around the world, are you ready for a brand new beat?
Summer's here and the time is right for dancin' in the street.
Dancin' in Chicago (dancin' in the street)
Down in New Orleans (dancin' in the street)
In New York City
- Nowhere To Run - (2:57) - 21,043 plays
- Dancing In The Street - Single Version - 11,924 plays
- Jimmy Mack - (2:50) - 6,601 plays
- Nowhere To Run - Single Version (Mono) - (2:59) - 6,401 plays
- (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave - (2:43) - 6,804 plays
- Heatwave - Album Version (Stereo) - (2:46) - 6,026 plays
- Dancing In the Street (Single Version) - (2:37) - 4,728 plays
- Heatwave - (2:38) - 2,955 plays
- Heat Wave - Stereo Mix with Fade - (3:04) - 2,118 plays