2 Shouts - 1,441 Scrobbles
Mark Wastell is a British cellist and improvisationalist born in 1968. Much of Mark Wastell's relationship with his chosen instrument is concentrated on the tactile, textural and sonic possibilities of both violoncello and bow. He is increasingly interested in working with extreme elements drawn from frequency, timbre and pitch. His early activity was consciously and subconsciously influenced by a variety of improvising musicians including John Stevens, Barry Guy, Phil Durrant and John Russell. Subsequent exposure to contemporary composers lead to a greater understanding and appreciation of the works written for strings by Feldman, Cage, Nono, Lachenmann and Sciarrino. The use of live electronics and music concrete by Tudor, Parmegiani, Xenakis and others was another important early influence.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rays - (8:18) - 39 plays
- Crimson - (12:49) - 17 plays
- Come - (19:26) - 10 plays
- After Hours - (15:14) - 3 plays
- Vibra #2 - (33:41) - 1 plays
- Vibra #1 - (23:59) - 1 plays
- 01 - amoungst english men - (33:43) - 1 plays
- tampura - (19:31) - 1 plays
- For John Entwhistle 1944-2002 - (21:18) - 1 plays