3 Shouts - 21,821 Scrobbles
At 9 years old, he was among a dancing crowd of 10,000 watching the late South African pop star Brenda Fassie at Somhlolo Soccer Stadium, Swaziland, Africa. With apartheid still strong next door in South Africa, this concert reverberated on many levels: musically, socially, and politically. Mix this life-defining experience with Manitoban-Québécois roots, a stylistically diverse musical repertoire that eagerly lends itself to his modern-indie folk sound, the piano, accordian, guitar, and a voice that disarms his audiences, and you have the multi-faceted sound of Mark Berube.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Carnival - (3:42) - 662 plays
- Confessions To A Streetlight - (3:26) - 456 plays
- Russian Doll - (3:19) - 397 plays
- Ethiopia - (4:01) - 289 plays
- Oak Tree - (3:02) - 202 plays
- Queen and Country - (3:17) - 175 plays
- Mississippi Prom - (3:47) - 166 plays
- The Good, The Bad, And The Photograph - (3:31) - 148 plays
- Cardinal Cloven Light - (0:45) - 182 plays
- Another Century - (3:41) - 154 plays