391 Shouts - 3,276,938 Scrobbles
Marianne Faithfull (born 29 December 1946 in London) is an English singer-songwriter and actress whose career spans more than four decades. Her early work in pop and rock music in the 1960s was overshadowed by her struggle with drug abuse in the 1970s. After a long commercial absence, she returned late in 1979 with the highly acclaimed album, Broken English. Faithfull's subsequent solo work, often critically-acclaimed, has at times been rather overshadowed by her personal history. From 1966 to 1970, she had a highly-publicised romantic relationship with Rolling Stones' lead singer Mick Jagger.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Late Victorian Holocaust - (4:26) - 11,862 plays
- LyricsThe morning sun touched lightly on the eyes of lucy jordan
In a white suburban bedroom in a white suburban town
As she lay there 'neath the covers dreaming of a thousand lovers
Till the world turned to orange and the room went spinning round.
At the age of thirty-seven she realised she'd never
- Give My Love To London - (3:56) - 10,909 plays
- LyricsA child breaks the ice and peers into the hidden depths
And tries to decipher the whole of this unholy mess
I have no doubt he will figure it out some day
Callooh, Callooh Callay
Then the sparrows will sing on the boulevards again
- LyricsCould have come through anytime
Cold lonely, your return
What are you fighting for?
It's not my security
It's just an old war
- As Tears Go By - (2:39) - 7,828 plays
- True Lies - (2:29) - 7,808 plays
- Love More Or Less - (3:27) - 8,059 plays
- Falling Back - (3:49) - 8,946 plays
- The Price Of Love - (2:16) - 6,431 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online