394 Shouts - 3,310,702 Scrobbles
Marianne Faithfull (born 29 December 1946 in London) is an English singer-songwriter and actress whose career spans more than four decades. Her early work in pop and rock music in the 1960s was overshadowed by her struggle with drug abuse in the 1970s. After a long commercial absence, she returned late in 1979 with the highly acclaimed album, Broken English. Faithfull's subsequent solo work, often critically-acclaimed, has at times been rather overshadowed by her personal history. From 1966 to 1970, she had a highly-publicised romantic relationship with Rolling Stones' lead singer Mick Jagger.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Late Victorian Holocaust - (4:26) - 12,026 plays
- LyricsThe morning sun touched lightly on the eyes of lucy jordan
In a white suburban bedroom in a white suburban town
As she lay there 'neath the covers dreaming of a thousand lovers
Till the world turned to orange and the room went spinning round.
At the age of thirty-seven she realised she'd never
- Give My Love To London - (3:56) - 10,610 plays
- LyricsA child breaks the ice and peers into the hidden depths
And tries to decipher the whole of this unholy mess
I have no doubt he will figure it out some day
Callooh, Callooh Callay
Then the sparrows will sing on the boulevards again
- LyricsIt is the evening of the day, hey hey hey
I sit and watch the children play, hey hey hey
Smiling faces I can see but not for me
I sit and watch as tears go by
My riches can't buy everythin'
- Broken English - (4:36) - 7,256 plays
- True Lies - (2:29) - 7,623 plays
- Falling Back - (3:49) - 8,509 plays
- Love More Or Less - (3:27) - 7,853 plays
- The Price Of Love - (2:16) - 6,057 plays