2 Shouts - 73,099 Scrobbles
Marcus Roberts (born September 7, 1963 in Jacksonville, Florida) is an American jazz pianist who has achieved fame as a gifted player committed to celebrating classic standards and jazz traditions. Blind since his youth, Roberts began playing piano at an early age and then studied the instrument while attending Florida State University. In 1985, he got his big break when famed trumpeter Wynton Marsalis chose him as his new sideman. He became a close friend and disciple of Marsalis, and collaborated with him on many projects during the ensuing years.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Foggy Day - (4:51) - 516 plays
- Someone To Watch Over Me - (2:58) - 203 plays
- Summertime - (6:27) - 196 plays
- New Orleans Blues - (3:36) - 164 plays
- Silent Night - (4:20) - 108 plays
- Jungle Blues - (5:20) - 115 plays
- Our Love Is Here To Stay - (5:48) - 106 plays
- The Man I Love - (5:40) - 106 plays
- It Ain't Necessarily So - (5:59) - 78 plays
- Solitude - (4:05) - 69 plays