47 Shouts - 625,906 Scrobbles
Manu Dibango (Emmanuel N'Djoké Dibango, born December 12, 1933 in Douala, Cameroon) is a Cameroonian saxophonist and vibraphone player. Leaving Cameroon to France to study, he got to study music where he enrolled for piano lessons. Though a piano student, Manu fell in love with his friend and classmate's instrument, the saxophone. Not having a keyboard at home to rehearse his music lessons, he spent time using his friend's saxophone which has today become his longest companion. He developed a musical style fusing jazz and traditional Cameroonian music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Soul Makossa - (4:26) - 5,723 plays
- The Panther - (2:29) - 1,795 plays
- Ceddo End Title - (5:09) - 1,118 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mère - (4:40) - 722 plays
- African Battle - (2:27) - 648 plays
- Big Blow - (5:56) - 606 plays
- Africadelic - (2:16) - 440 plays
- New Bell - (6:48) - 553 plays
- Wouri - (3:18) - 365 plays
- Reggae Makossa - (6:25) - 293 plays