48 Shouts - 652,353 Scrobbles
Manu Dibango (Emmanuel N'Djoké Dibango, born December 12, 1933 in Douala, Cameroon) is a Cameroonian saxophonist and vibraphone player. Leaving Cameroon to France to study, he got to study music where he enrolled for piano lessons. Though a piano student, Manu fell in love with his friend and classmate's instrument, the saxophone. Not having a keyboard at home to rehearse his music lessons, he spent time using his friend's saxophone which has today become his longest companion. He developed a musical style fusing jazz and traditional Cameroonian music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Soul Makossa - (4:26) - 5,888 plays
- The Panther - (2:29) - 2,602 plays
- Ceddo End Title - (5:09) - 1,066 plays
- African Battle - (2:27) - 708 plays
- Big Blow - (5:56) - 534 plays
- Africadelic - (2:16) - 461 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mère - (4:40) - 452 plays
- New Bell - (6:48) - 561 plays
- Wa-Wa - (3:01) - 289 plays
- Africa Boogie - (4:17) - 332 plays