49 Shouts - 671,845 Scrobbles
Manu Dibango (Emmanuel N'Djoké Dibango, born December 12, 1933 in Douala, Cameroon) is a Cameroonian saxophonist and vibraphone player. Leaving Cameroon to France to study, he got to study music where he enrolled for piano lessons. Though a piano student, Manu fell in love with his friend and classmate's instrument, the saxophone. Not having a keyboard at home to rehearse his music lessons, he spent time using his friend's saxophone which has today become his longest companion. He developed a musical style fusing jazz and traditional Cameroonian music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Soul Makossa - (4:26) - 5,398 plays
- The Panther - (2:29) - 3,257 plays
- Ceddo End Title - (5:09) - 941 plays
- African Battle - (2:27) - 692 plays
- Africadelic - (2:16) - 441 plays
- Big Blow - (5:56) - 498 plays
- Si Tu Vois Ma Mère - (4:40) - 509 plays
- New Bell - (6:48) - 478 plays
- Wa-Wa - (3:01) - 300 plays
- Africa Boogie - (4:17) - 308 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online