2 Shouts - 9,954 Scrobbles
Manny Albam (1922 - 2001) was a jazz arranger, in his early career he also played baritone saxophone. He was born in the Dominican Republic, but grew up in New York City. His parents were Russian immigrants and he was born in the Dominican Republic as they were in route to the US. He became interested in jazz on hearing Bix Beiderbecke and at sixteen dropped out of school to play for Muggsy Spanier.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Afterthoughts - (4:39) - 132 plays
- Anything Goes - (3:45) - 87 plays
- Ferris Wheel - (3:01) - 77 plays
- Paris Blues - (2:49) - 50 plays
- All Too Soon - (5:07) - 40 plays
- Headstrong - (2:23) - 76 plays
- Black Bottom - (3:41) - 68 plays
- The Turning Point - (2:35) - 64 plays
- My Sweetie Went Away - (4:53) - 10 plays
- Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - (3:24) - 5 plays