4 Shouts - 76,304 Scrobbles
Manna Dey, the "Classical Pop Singer" of Indian Cinema, who could have been a great classical singer in his own right, was born in Kolkata, Bengal. He received his initial training under his legendary uncle Krishna Dey. Later he migrated to Mumbai to gain foothold in Hindi cinema. Mention of this great singer immediately brings into mind such unforgettable classical-based melodies as Bhai bhanjana, Sur na saje, Pucho na keise maine, Chham Chham baje re payaliya. In fact, whenever composers used to have a great classical composition in their minds, they would invariably take Manna Dey.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli - (3:28) - 173 plays
- Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen - (3:53) - 130 plays
- Aao Twist Karen - (4:15) - 39 plays
- Chalat Musafir - (3:32) - 33 plays
- Pyar Hua Iqrar Hua - From "Shree 420" - (4:18) - 39 plays
- Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi - From "Chori Chori" - (4:36) - 24 plays
- Aao Twist Karen (From "Bhoot Bungla") - (4:15) - 16 plays
- Laga Chunari Mein Daag - (6:25) - 15 plays
- Yari Hai Imaan Mera - (6:20) - 13 plays
- Pyar Hua Iqrar Hua - (4:16) - 21 plays