126 Shouts - 822,581 Scrobbles
"Make Up" refers to two different bands: 1. Make Up were a band from Washington DC, consisting of Ian Svenonius on vocals, James Canty on guitar, Michelle Mae on bass, and Steve Gamboa on drums. The band formed in 1995, with Svenonius, Canty and Gamboa having previously performed together in Nation of Ulysses and the short-lived Cupid Car Club. They combined garage rock, soul and self-styled 'liberation theology' to make a new genre they called Gospel Yeh-Yeh. They released three studio LPs, two live LPs, and a compilation of singles and B-sides. They split in 2000.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Am Pentagon - (3:38) - 1,625 plays
- Born On The Floor - (4:24) - 1,000 plays
- Save Yourself - (3:22) - 711 plays
- Pow! To The People - (3:03) - 651 plays
- White Belts - (2:22) - 565 plays
- Walking On The Dune - (3:34) - 535 plays
- I Want Some - (2:42) - 415 plays
- The Choice - (3:32) - 459 plays
- They Live By Night - (2:00) - 357 plays
- The Bells - (4:40) - 342 plays