2 Shouts - 10,492 Scrobbles
Maharajapuram Santhanam , ( 1928 - 1992 ) was one of the greatest Carnatic music vocalists. He was born in Sirunangur, a village in the state of Tamil Nadu. He followed the footsteps of his father Maharajapuram Viswanatha Iyer who was also a Carnatic singer. Besides singing, Maharajapuram Santhanam was very good in composing. He wrote many songs on lord Muruga and Kanchi Shankaracharya (Maha Periyavar). He was the Principal of Music college in Sri Lanka. Later he came and settled in Chennai.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ninne Nammi (Raga: Thodi; Tala: Misra Chapu) - (8:21) - 20 plays
- Naajeevadhara (Raga: Bilahari; Tala: Adi) - (6:31) - 8 plays
- Sree Mahaganapathy: Gowal - Misra Chapu - Dikshitar - (6:10) - 9 plays
- Raghuvamsa Sudha - (6:29) - 8 plays
- Thillana - (5:38) - 7 plays
- Sree Mahaganapathim: Atana - Aadi - Mysore Maharaja - (4:32) - 7 plays
- Ramuni Maravakave - (10:52) - 5 plays
- Sree Vathapi: Sahana - Aadi - Papansam Sivan - (7:49) - 5 plays
- Mamava Pattabhi - (4:53) - 4 plays
- Sarasuda (Varnam) - Ragam: Saveri / Talam: Adi - (4:06) - 3 plays