Magic Slim and The Teardrops
4 Shouts - 192,912 Scrobbles
Magic Slim was forced to give up playing the piano when he lost his little finger in a cotton gin mishap. He moved first to nearby Grenada.He first came to Chicago in 1955 with his friend and mentor Magic Sam. The elder Magic (Sam) let the younger Magic (Slim) play bass with his band, and gave him his nickname. At first Slim was not rated very highly by his peers. He returned to Mississippi to work and got his younger brother Nick interested in playing bass. By 1965 he was back in Chicago and in 1970 Nick joined him in his group, the Teardrops.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spider In My Stew - (4:35) - 183 plays
- Freddie's Blues - (5:12) - 146 plays
- Bad Boy - (3:31) - 123 plays
- I'm a Bluesman - (5:00) - 127 plays
- Let Me Love You - (3:40) - 80 plays
- Early Every Morning - (5:07) - 102 plays
- Crazy Woman - (5:47) - 90 plays
- I Got Money - (3:23) - 72 plays
- Think - (3:27) - 43 plays
- Someone Else Is Steppin' In - (3:44) - 93 plays