Magic Slim and The Teardrops
4 Shouts - 200,226 Scrobbles
Magic Slim was forced to give up playing the piano when he lost his little finger in a cotton gin mishap. He moved first to nearby Grenada.He first came to Chicago in 1955 with his friend and mentor Magic Sam. The elder Magic (Sam) let the younger Magic (Slim) play bass with his band, and gave him his nickname. At first Slim was not rated very highly by his peers. He returned to Mississippi to work and got his younger brother Nick interested in playing bass. By 1965 he was back in Chicago and in 1970 Nick joined him in his group, the Teardrops.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spider In My Stew - (4:35) - 119 plays
- Bad Boy - (3:31) - 84 plays
- I'm a Bluesman - (5:00) - 95 plays
- Freddie's Blues - (5:12) - 68 plays
- Let Me Love You - (3:40) - 50 plays
- Love Like I Wanna - (3:29) - 44 plays
- Sunny Road Blues - (5:32) - 47 plays
- Part Time Love - (3:50) - 31 plays
- Someone Else Is Steppin' In - (3:44) - 36 plays
- Crosseyed Cat - (4:05) - 25 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online