Magic Slim and The Teardrops
4 Shouts - 182,395 Scrobbles
Magic Slim was forced to give up playing the piano when he lost his little finger in a cotton gin mishap. He moved first to nearby Grenada.He first came to Chicago in 1955 with his friend and mentor Magic Sam. The elder Magic (Sam) let the younger Magic (Slim) play bass with his band, and gave him his nickname. At first Slim was not rated very highly by his peers. He returned to Mississippi to work and got his younger brother Nick interested in playing bass. By 1965 he was back in Chicago and in 1970 Nick joined him in his group, the Teardrops.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Early Every Morning - (5:07) - 472 plays
- Goin' To Mississippi (Live) - (7:15) - 183 plays
- Spider In My Stew - (4:35) - 174 plays
- Crazy Woman - (5:47) - 186 plays
- I Got Money - (3:23) - 150 plays
- Champagne And Reefer - (3:39) - 213 plays
- Bad Boy - (3:31) - 131 plays
- I'm a Bluesman - (5:00) - 133 plays
- Please Don't Dog Me - (6:49) - 133 plays
- Freddie's Blues - (5:12) - 130 plays