9 Shouts - 105,978 Scrobbles
Magic Slim (born Morris Holt in Torrence, Mississippi in 1937; died February 21, 2013) was a well-known American blues singer and guitarist who led one of the major Chicago blues bands for about 30 years. He first came to the city in 1955 with friend and mentor Magic Sam. The elder Magic (Sam) let the younger magic (Slim) play bass with his band and even gave him his nick-name (the later-imposing Magic Slim was apparently a bit leaner back in the fifties).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Crazy Woman - (5:47) - 395 plays
- Going Down Slow - (7:23) - 299 plays
- Before You Accuse Me - (3:21) - 235 plays
- Early Every Morning - (5:06) - 216 plays
- Walking the Dog - (3:36) - 148 plays
- Bring me my shotgun - (4:39) - 139 plays
- Born In Missouri - (6:48) - 116 plays
- Mustang Sally - (4:21) - 114 plays
- Goin' to Mississippi - (4:49) - 96 plays
- Rough Dried Woman - (3:13) - 116 plays