54 Shouts - 1,233,425 Scrobbles
Maceo Parker (born February 14, 1943) is a noted African-American funk and soul jazz saxophone player, best known for his contributions to James Brown's distinct sound. He was born in Kinston, North Carolina in a musically-rich environment. His mother and father sang in a church and both his brothers are accomplished musicians (drums and trombones). He and his brother, Melvin Parker, joined James Brown in 1964; in his book Brown says that he originally wanted Melvin as his drummer but agreed to take Maceo under his wing as part of the deal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Uptown Up - (4:15) - 1,448 plays
- CHILDREN´S WORLD - (6:23) - 1,170 plays
- Let's Get It On - (3:35) - 1,016 plays
- Chicken - (8:20) - 846 plays
- Pass the Peas - (17:50) - 773 plays
- Elephant's Foot - (4:18) - 698 plays
- Maceo's Groove - (5:23) - 684 plays
- Cold Sweat - (9:06) - 631 plays
- Georgia on My Mind - (6:17) - 650 plays
- Coin Toss - (2:54) - 915 plays