1 Shouts - 13,555 Scrobbles
Mário Reis (Mário da Silveira Meirelles Reis - 12/31/1907 Rio de Janeiro - 10/5/1981 Rio de Janeiro) was one of the best interpreters of Brazilian popular music. Active and successful from 1928 to 1936, he helped popularize the (at the time) unknown and genial composers of the Carioca hills throughout Brazil, with his 161 interpretations recorded on 82 78 rpms.
From a middle-class family, he was already a violão student when he knew Sinhô (the King of Samba). Reis had an original style that was lighthearted, jumpy, and humorous, contrasting with the hegemonic bel-canto school of those days.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Filosofia - (3:03) - 87 plays
- Mulato bamba - (2:26) - 19 plays
- prazer em conhecê-lo - (2:50) - 16 plays
- quando o samba acabou - (2:47) - 20 plays
- O sol nasceu pra todos - (3:34) - 12 plays
- Uma Jura Que Fiz - (2:53) - 11 plays
- Eu queria um retratinho de você - (3:26) - 14 plays
- Nem É Bom Falar - (2:23) - 10 plays
- fui louco - (3:15) - 13 plays
- Vejo amanhecer - (3:36) - 16 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online