1 Shouts - 12,663 Scrobbles
Mário Reis (Mário da Silveira Meirelles Reis - 12/31/1907 Rio de Janeiro - 10/5/1981 Rio de Janeiro) was one of the best interpreters of Brazilian popular music. Active and successful from 1928 to 1936, he helped popularize the (at the time) unknown and genial composers of the Carioca hills throughout Brazil, with his 161 interpretations recorded on 82 78 rpms.
From a middle-class family, he was already a violão student when he knew Sinhô (the King of Samba). Reis had an original style that was lighthearted, jumpy, and humorous, contrasting with the hegemonic bel-canto school of those days.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- prazer em conhecê-lo - (2:50) - 60 plays
- Filosofia - (3:03) - 75 plays
- Uma Jura Que Fiz - (2:53) - 30 plays
- Mulato bamba - (2:26) - 21 plays
- quando o samba acabou - (2:47) - 24 plays
- fui louco - (3:15) - 28 plays
- Esquina da vida - (3:12) - 17 plays
- Tenho raiva de quem sabe - (2:51) - 17 plays
- Capricho de rapaz solteiro - (3:12) - 20 plays
- Sofrer É Da Vida - (2:10) - 37 plays
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations
- Adele’s New Album Reportedly Titled ’25’, Might Embark On World Tour