1 Shouts - 13,142 Scrobbles
Mário Reis (Mário da Silveira Meirelles Reis - 12/31/1907 Rio de Janeiro - 10/5/1981 Rio de Janeiro) was one of the best interpreters of Brazilian popular music. Active and successful from 1928 to 1936, he helped popularize the (at the time) unknown and genial composers of the Carioca hills throughout Brazil, with his 161 interpretations recorded on 82 78 rpms.
From a middle-class family, he was already a violão student when he knew Sinhô (the King of Samba). Reis had an original style that was lighthearted, jumpy, and humorous, contrasting with the hegemonic bel-canto school of those days.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Filosofia - (3:03) - 61 plays
- prazer em conhecê-lo - (2:50) - 29 plays
- Mulato bamba - (2:26) - 18 plays
- fui louco - (3:15) - 14 plays
- quando o samba acabou - (2:47) - 19 plays
- Uma Jura Que Fiz - (2:53) - 9 plays
- Mentir - (3:06) - 12 plays
- O sol nasceu pra todos - (3:34) - 8 plays
- Vai Haver Barulho No Chateau - (2:57) - 14 plays
- Tenho raiva de quem sabe - (2:51) - 8 plays