26 Shouts - 237,740 Scrobbles
Máiréad was born to a musical family and has played the piano since the age of four. She is better known for her wonderful technique playing Classical and Celtic music on the fiddle, however. Máiréad joined the RTÉ Concert Orchestra in 1991 and from 1996 to 1998 was the lead fiddler on Michael Flatley’s Lord of Dance. She then was lead fiddler on Feet of Flames until 2001, when she released her debut solo album, Raining Up. In 2004 she was invited to play the violin for the Celtic Woman ensemble, which became a huge success.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Butterfly - (2:52) - 1,245 plays
- Skidoo - (3:05) - 810 plays
- There Is No Night - (3:53) - 969 plays
- Finan's Isle - (3:41) - 561 plays
- Captain H - (3:01) - 545 plays
- The Setting Sun - (2:48) - 318 plays
- 1st Movement - (2:14) - 354 plays
- 3rd Movement - (4:49) - 305 plays
- 2nd Movement - (4:18) - 308 plays
- Bovaglies Plaid - (3:49) - 287 plays