1,747 Shouts - 25,392,381 Scrobbles
Lynyrd Skynyrd (pronounced /ˌlɛnərd ˈskɪnərd/ LEN-ərd-SKIN-ərd) is a Southern Rock band, formed in Jacksonville, Florida, USA in 1964. The band became prominent in the Southern United States in 1973, and rose to worldwide recognition before three members and one road crew member died in an airplane crash in 1977. The band reformed in 1987 for a reunion tour with lead singer Ronnie Van Zant's younger brother Johnny as the frontman. Lynyrd Skynyrd continues to tour and record. Of its original members, only Gary Rossington remains with the band as of 2010.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sweet Home Alabama - (6:46) - 214,009 plays
- Free Bird - (9:11) - 142,191 plays
- Simple Man - (6:35) - 142,741 plays
- Gimme Three Steps - (4:09) - 40,903 plays
- Tuesday's Gone - (7:33) - 40,799 plays
- Saturday Night Special - (5:21) - 21,176 plays
- Call Me the Breeze - (5:41) - 20,960 plays
- That Smell - (5:27) - 20,883 plays
- I Ain't the One - (3:53) - 16,348 plays
- What's Your Name - (3:32) - 13,500 plays