1,717 Shouts - 23,802,546 Scrobbles
Lynyrd Skynyrd (pronounced /ˌlɛnərd ˈskɪnərd/ LEN-ərd-SKIN-ərd) is a Southern Rock band, formed in Jacksonville, Florida, USA in 1964. The band became prominent in the Southern United States in 1973, and rose to worldwide recognition before three members and one road crew member died in an airplane crash in 1977. The band reformed in 1987 for a reunion tour with lead singer Ronnie Van Zant's younger brother Johnny as the frontman. Lynyrd Skynyrd continues to tour and record. Of its original members, only Gary Rossington remains with the band as of 2010.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics1, 2, 3
Turn it up
Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
- LyricsIf I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on, now
'Cause there's too many places
I've got to see
- LyricsMama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this it'll help you some sunny day
Oh, take your time don't live too fast
- LyricsA train roll on, on down the line
Won't you please take me far away?
Now feel the wind blowing outside my door
Means I, I'm leaving my woman behind
Lordy, Tuesday's gone with the wind
- Gimme Three Steps - (5:18) - 36,489 plays
- Saturday Night Special - (5:21) - 24,349 plays
- Call Me The Breeze - (5:41) - 24,289 plays
- That Smell - (7:27) - 24,680 plays
- I Ain't the One - (3:53) - 19,272 plays
- What's Your Name - (3:58) - 15,598 plays