154 Shouts - 1,370,854 Scrobbles
Luomo is the pop-experimental face of Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti (b. 1976). The music of Luomo stretches taut lines between shadowy experimentalism and shining club aspirations of the dancefloor, capturing tension and romance in shards of polished disco. Full of dark chasms and dangerous sharp edges, the restless experimentation and bitter-tenderness in Luomo’s songs have shattered and reformed our expectations of pop, songs like ‘Tessio’ became the foundation of what was soon known as ‘microhouse’, a genre characterised by minimal clicks’n’cuts cast in grooving bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tessio - (12:05) - 4,580 plays
- Synkro - (13:55) - 2,205 plays
- Market - (11:56) - 1,876 plays
- Class - (12:29) - 1,647 plays
- The Present Lover - (9:15) - 1,405 plays
- The Right Wing - (16:04) - 1,337 plays
- She-Center - (9:54) - 1,214 plays
- Body Speaking - (8:07) - 998 plays
- Visitor - (4:09) - 581 plays
- So You - (6:05) - 527 plays