150 Shouts - 1,297,676 Scrobbles
Luomo is the pop-experimental face of Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti (b. 1976). The music of Luomo stretches taut lines between shadowy experimentalism and shining club aspirations of the dancefloor, capturing tension and romance in shards of polished disco. Full of dark chasms and dangerous sharp edges, the restless experimentation and bitter-tenderness in Luomo’s songs have shattered and reformed our expectations of pop, songs like ‘Tessio’ became the foundation of what was soon known as ‘microhouse’, a genre characterised by minimal clicks’n’cuts cast in grooving bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tessio - (12:05) - 5,381 plays
- Synkro - (13:55) - 2,831 plays
- Market - (11:56) - 2,312 plays
- The Present Lover - (9:15) - 2,081 plays
- Class - (12:29) - 1,927 plays
- The Right Wing - (16:04) - 1,685 plays
- She-Center - (9:54) - 1,441 plays
- Body Speaking - (8:07) - 1,212 plays
- Visitor - (4:09) - 969 plays
- So You - (6:05) - 834 plays