152 Shouts - 1,325,806 Scrobbles
Luomo is the pop-experimental face of Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti (b. 1976). The music of Luomo stretches taut lines between shadowy experimentalism and shining club aspirations of the dancefloor, capturing tension and romance in shards of polished disco. Full of dark chasms and dangerous sharp edges, the restless experimentation and bitter-tenderness in Luomo’s songs have shattered and reformed our expectations of pop, songs like ‘Tessio’ became the foundation of what was soon known as ‘microhouse’, a genre characterised by minimal clicks’n’cuts cast in grooving bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tessio - (12:05) - 4,669 plays
- Synkro - (13:55) - 2,560 plays
- Market - (11:56) - 2,029 plays
- Class - (12:29) - 1,796 plays
- The Present Lover - (9:15) - 1,882 plays
- The Right Wing - (16:04) - 1,509 plays
- She-Center - (9:54) - 1,243 plays
- Body Speaking - (8:07) - 992 plays
- Visitor - (4:09) - 760 plays
- So You - (6:05) - 651 plays