153 Shouts - 1,332,891 Scrobbles
Luomo is the pop-experimental face of Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti (b. 1976). The music of Luomo stretches taut lines between shadowy experimentalism and shining club aspirations of the dancefloor, capturing tension and romance in shards of polished disco. Full of dark chasms and dangerous sharp edges, the restless experimentation and bitter-tenderness in Luomo’s songs have shattered and reformed our expectations of pop, songs like ‘Tessio’ became the foundation of what was soon known as ‘microhouse’, a genre characterised by minimal clicks’n’cuts cast in grooving bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tessio - (12:05) - 4,619 plays
- Synkro - (13:55) - 2,509 plays
- Market - (11:56) - 2,064 plays
- Class - (12:29) - 1,809 plays
- The Present Lover - (9:15) - 1,776 plays
- The Right Wing - (16:04) - 1,480 plays
- She-Center - (9:54) - 1,251 plays
- Body Speaking - (8:07) - 959 plays
- Visitor - (4:09) - 748 plays
- Could Be Like This - (8:10) - 611 plays