154 Shouts - 1,351,445 Scrobbles
Luomo is the pop-experimental face of Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti (b. 1976). The music of Luomo stretches taut lines between shadowy experimentalism and shining club aspirations of the dancefloor, capturing tension and romance in shards of polished disco. Full of dark chasms and dangerous sharp edges, the restless experimentation and bitter-tenderness in Luomo’s songs have shattered and reformed our expectations of pop, songs like ‘Tessio’ became the foundation of what was soon known as ‘microhouse’, a genre characterised by minimal clicks’n’cuts cast in grooving bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tessio - (12:05) - 4,653 plays
- Synkro - (13:55) - 2,524 plays
- Market - (11:56) - 2,096 plays
- Class - (12:29) - 1,851 plays
- The Present Lover - (9:15) - 1,559 plays
- The Right Wing - (16:04) - 1,480 plays
- She-Center - (9:54) - 1,288 plays
- Body Speaking - (8:07) - 968 plays
- Visitor - (4:09) - 705 plays
- Could Be Like This - (8:10) - 532 plays