150 Shouts - 1,242,973 Scrobbles
Luomo is the pop-experimental face of Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti (b. 1976). The music of Luomo stretches taut lines between shadowy experimentalism and shining club aspirations of the dancefloor, capturing tension and romance in shards of polished disco. Full of dark chasms and dangerous sharp edges, the restless experimentation and bitter-tenderness in Luomo’s songs have shattered and reformed our expectations of pop, songs like ‘Tessio’ became the foundation of what was soon known as ‘microhouse’, a genre characterised by minimal clicks’n’cuts cast in grooving bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tessio - (12:05) - 5,764 plays
- Synkro - (13:55) - 2,896 plays
- Market - (11:56) - 2,815 plays
- The Present Lover - (9:14) - 2,435 plays
- Class - (12:29) - 2,314 plays
- The Right Wing - (16:04) - 1,888 plays
- She-Center - (9:54) - 1,670 plays
- Body Speaking - (8:07) - 1,440 plays
- Visitor - (4:09) - 1,097 plays
- So You - (6:05) - 877 plays