153 Shouts - 1,339,805 Scrobbles
Luomo is the pop-experimental face of Finnish producer Sasu Ripatti (b. 1976). The music of Luomo stretches taut lines between shadowy experimentalism and shining club aspirations of the dancefloor, capturing tension and romance in shards of polished disco. Full of dark chasms and dangerous sharp edges, the restless experimentation and bitter-tenderness in Luomo’s songs have shattered and reformed our expectations of pop, songs like ‘Tessio’ became the foundation of what was soon known as ‘microhouse’, a genre characterised by minimal clicks’n’cuts cast in grooving bass.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tessio - (12:05) - 4,410 plays
- Synkro - (13:55) - 2,443 plays
- Market - (11:56) - 2,036 plays
- Class - (12:29) - 1,806 plays
- The Present Lover - (9:15) - 1,670 plays
- The Right Wing - (16:04) - 1,424 plays
- She-Center - (9:54) - 1,233 plays
- Body Speaking - (8:07) - 961 plays
- Visitor - (4:09) - 722 plays
- Could Be Like This - (8:10) - 540 plays