20 Shouts - 842,000 Scrobbles
Luiz Bonfá (1922-2001) was a Brazilian guitarist and composer most widely known for the compositions he penned for the film Black Orpheus. As a composer and performer, Bonfá was at heart an exponent of the bold, lyrical, lushly orchestrated, and emotionally charged samba-canção style that predated the arrival of João Gilberto's more refined and subdued bossa nova style. Bonfá's major legacy continues to be his compositions from the Black Orpheus soundtrack, most notably the instantly recognizable bossa nova classic 'Manhã da Carnaval.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Manhã de Carnaval - (2:27) - 1,057 plays
- Night and Day - (2:06) - 750 plays
- Sambolero - (2:37) - 451 plays
- Manha de Carnaval - (2:23) - 382 plays
- Sambalamento - (2:22) - 433 plays
- Bossa Nova Cha Cha - (3:20) - 322 plays
- Samba de Orfeu - (1:16) - 230 plays
- Shearing - (1:22) - 497 plays
- Lila - (2:30) - 308 plays
- Domingo A Noite (Sunday Night) - (2:03) - 349 plays