3 Shouts - 31,726 Scrobbles
Luigi Denza (February 24, 1846 - January 26, 1922), was an Italian composer. Denza was born at Castellammare di Stabia, near Naples. He studied music under Saverio Mercadante and Paolo Serrao at the Naples Conservatory. Later, he moved to London and became a professor of singing at the Royal Academy of Music in 1898. Denza wrote an opera, Wallenstein, and hundreds of songs. The most popular of these was a collaboration with Peppino Turco, the Neapolitan song Funiculì, Funiculà, about the Vesuvius funicular.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Luigi Denza: Funiculì, funiculà - (1:22) - 492 plays
- Funiculì Funiculà - Live At Central Park, 2011 - (2:35) - 237 plays
- Funiculi funicula - (2:30) - 206 plays
- Funiculi, funicula - (3:13) - 100 plays
- Luigi Denza: Funiculì, funiculà - Remastered 2013 - (2:43) - 85 plays
- Denza: Funiculì, funiculà - (2:48) - 75 plays
- Funiculì, Funiculà - (2:33) - 61 plays
- Luigi Denza: Occhi di fata - (3:26) - 10 plays
- Funiculi Funicula (1880) - Luciano Pavarotti - (4:58) - 14 plays
- Occhi di fata - (3:29) - 5 plays