51 Shouts - 1,497,934 Scrobbles
Luigi Rodolfo Boccherini (1743–1805) was a classical-era composer and cellist from Italy. Boccherini was born on 19th February 1743 in Lucca, Italy, to a musical family. His father, a cellist and double bass player, sent Luigi to study in Rome in 1757 and, after various concert tours, in 1769 his talents brought him to the Spanish court in Madrid, where he was employed by Don Luis, the younger brother of King Charles III. There he flourished under royal patronage, until one day when the King expressed his disapproval at a passage in a new trio, and ordered Boccherini to change it.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Minuet - (4:28) - 9,541 plays
- Menuett - (3:49) - 5,134 plays
- String Quintet in E major, Op. 11, No. 5, G. 275: III. Minuetto - (3:28) - 3,417 plays
- String Quintet in E Major, Op. 13: Minuet - (3:48) - 3,183 plays
- III. Allegro vivo, ma non presto - (3:38) - 1,980 plays
- II. Larghetto - (3:38) - 1,981 plays
- I. Pastorale - (4:15) - 1,902 plays
- Minuetto - (4:55) - 1,528 plays
- Concerto No. 2 in D Major for Cello and Orchestra, G. 479: III. Allegro vivo - (5:07) - 1,266 plays
- String Quintet In E, Op.13 N.5 Minuet - (0:33) - 1,156 plays