292 Shouts - 5,136,349 Scrobbles
Lucinda Williams (born January 26, 1953) is an American rock, folk, and alt-country songwriter and singer. A three-time Grammy Award winner, she was named "America's best songwriter" by TIME magazine in 2002. Williams has garnered considerable critical acclaim but her commercial success has been moderate. She has a reputation as a perfectionist and as a slow worker when it comes to recording; six years passed between the release of her second and third albums. However, she frequently makes guest appearances on other artists' albums and contributes to compilations and soundtracks.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAre you alright?
All of a sudden you went away
Are you alright?
I hope you come back around someday
Are you alright?
- LyricsSittin' in the kitchen a house in Macon
Loretta's singing on the radio
Smell of coffee eggs and bacon
Car wheels on a gravel road
Pull the curtains back and look outside
- LyricsSun came up it was another day
And the sun went down you were blown away
Why'd you let go of your guitar
Why'd you ever let it go that far
- LyricsTold my baby one more time
Don't make me sit all alone and cry
Well it's over I know it but I can't let go
I'm like a fish out of water
A cat in a tree
- LyricsNot a day goes by I don't think about you
You left your mark on me, it's permanent, a tattoo
Pierce the skin and the blood runs through
Oh my baby
The way you move, it's right in time
- Lake Charles - (5:28) - 3,615 plays
- Burning Bridges - (4:49) - 5,600 plays
- Something About What Happens When We Talk - (3:46) - 3,439 plays
- Joy - (4:40) - 3,051 plays
- I Lost It - (3:31) - 3,102 plays