286 Shouts - 4,580,242 Scrobbles
Lucinda Williams (born January 26, 1953) is an American rock, folk, and alt-country songwriter and singer. A three-time Grammy Award winner, she was named "America's best songwriter" by TIME magazine in 2002. Williams has garnered considerable critical acclaim but her commercial success has been moderate. She has a reputation as a perfectionist and as a slow worker when it comes to recording; six years passed between the release of her second and third albums. However, she frequently makes guest appearances on other artists' albums and contributes to compilations and soundtracks.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSittin' in the kitchen a house in Macon
Loretta's singing on the radio
Smell of coffee eggs and bacon
Car wheels on a gravel road
Pull the curtains back and look outside
- LyricsAre you alright?
All of a sudden you went away
Are you alright?
I hope you come back around someday
Are you alright?
- LyricsTold you, baby, one more time
Don't make me sit all alone and cry
Well, it's over I, know it but I can't let go
I'm like a fish out of water, a cat in a tree
You don't even want to talk to me
- LyricsNot a day goes by I don't think about you
You left your mark on me, it's permanent, a tattoo
Pierce the skin and the blood runs through
Oh my baby
The way you move, it's right in time
- Lake Charles - (5:28) - 5,056 plays
- Drunken Angel - (3:20) - 4,530 plays
- Joy - (4:40) - 4,254 plays
- 2 Kool 2 Be 4-Gotten - (4:42) - 3,677 plays
- I Lost It - (3:31) - 3,971 plays
- Concrete And Barbed Wire - (3:08) - 2,914 plays