0 Shouts - 3,751 Scrobbles
Though he was certainly capable of brilliantly fronting a band, remarkably versatile guitarist/harpist LOUIS MYERS (1929.09.18/Byhalia, MS - 1994.09.05) will forever be recognized first and foremost as a top-drawer sideman and founding member of the Aces, the band that backed harmonica wizard Little Walter on his immortal early Checker waxings. Along with his older brother David - another charter member of the Aces - Louis left Mississippi for Chicago with his family in 1941. Fate saw the family move next door to blues great Lonnie Johnson, whose complex riffs caught young Louis's ear.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- That's All Right - (1:51) - 27 plays
- Top of the Harp - (3:36) - 19 plays
- Bluesy - (2:48) - 30 plays
- Just Whaling - (2:45) - 20 plays
- Top 'O the Harp - 10 plays
- Short Haired Woman - (3:07) - 8 plays
- Bottom of the Harp - (4:38) - 11 plays
- Blue and Lonesome - (6:26) - 5 plays
- Tell My Story Movin' - (4:16) - 8 plays
- In the Evening - (5:24) - 5 plays