Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
20 Shouts - 645,337 Scrobbles
American Freedom / The Great Summit / Together for the First Time is a 1961 jazz album (re released 2001) by jazz giants Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. They lead a small band playing classic compositions by Ellington such as 'Mood Indigo' and 'Black And Tan Fantasy' By 1961 jazz was falling out of favour with the general public but this shows two of the most important people in early jazz still able to produce amazing music year after they have fallen out of the spotlight.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (3:59) - 2,856 plays
- I'm Just a Lucky So and So - (3:03) - 981 plays
- Mood Indigo - (3:57) - 1,036 plays
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore - (3:35) - 858 plays
- I'm Beginning to See the Light - (3:17) - 742 plays
- Duke's Place - (5:03) - 735 plays
- Solitude - (4:55) - 746 plays
- Black and Tan Fantasy - (3:59) - 565 plays
- In a Mellow Tone - (3:52) - 488 plays
- Azalea - (5:02) - 512 plays