Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
20 Shouts - 631,765 Scrobbles
American Freedom / The Great Summit / Together for the First Time is a 1961 jazz album (re released 2001) by jazz giants Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. They lead a small band playing classic compositions by Ellington such as 'Mood Indigo' and 'Black And Tan Fantasy' By 1961 jazz was falling out of favour with the general public but this shows two of the most important people in early jazz still able to produce amazing music year after they have fallen out of the spotlight.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (3:59) - 3,091 plays
- Mood Indigo - (3:57) - 1,911 plays
- I'm Just a Lucky So and So - (3:03) - 1,833 plays
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore - (3:35) - 1,283 plays
- Duke's Place - (5:03) - 1,283 plays
- Solitude - (4:55) - 1,186 plays
- I'm Beginning to See the Light - (3:17) - 1,099 plays
- Black and Tan Fantasy - (3:59) - 966 plays
- The Beautiful American - (3:08) - 842 plays
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me - (2:38) - 810 plays