Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
21 Shouts - 653,417 Scrobbles
American Freedom / The Great Summit / Together for the First Time is a 1961 jazz album (re released 2001) by jazz giants Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. They lead a small band playing classic compositions by Ellington such as 'Mood Indigo' and 'Black And Tan Fantasy' By 1961 jazz was falling out of favour with the general public but this shows two of the most important people in early jazz still able to produce amazing music year after they have fallen out of the spotlight.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (3:59) - 2,633 plays
- I'm Just a Lucky So and So - (3:03) - 980 plays
- Mood Indigo - (3:57) - 863 plays
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore - (3:35) - 966 plays
- Duke's Place - (5:03) - 731 plays
- I'm Beginning to See the Light - (3:17) - 739 plays
- Solitude - (4:55) - 593 plays
- Azalea - (5:02) - 571 plays
- Black and Tan Fantasy - (3:59) - 501 plays
- I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) - (5:32) - 488 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online