Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
21 Shouts - 648,923 Scrobbles
American Freedom / The Great Summit / Together for the First Time is a 1961 jazz album (re released 2001) by jazz giants Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. They lead a small band playing classic compositions by Ellington such as 'Mood Indigo' and 'Black And Tan Fantasy' By 1961 jazz was falling out of favour with the general public but this shows two of the most important people in early jazz still able to produce amazing music year after they have fallen out of the spotlight.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (3:59) - 2,624 plays
- I'm Just a Lucky So and So - (3:03) - 954 plays
- Mood Indigo - (3:57) - 896 plays
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore - (3:35) - 892 plays
- I'm Beginning to See the Light - (3:17) - 717 plays
- Duke's Place - (5:03) - 635 plays
- Solitude - (4:55) - 603 plays
- Black and Tan Fantasy - (3:59) - 521 plays
- Azalea - (5:02) - 532 plays
- Cottontail - (3:42) - 440 plays