Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
20 Shouts - 598,927 Scrobbles
American Freedom / The Great Summit / Together for the First Time is a 1961 jazz album (re released 2001) by jazz giants Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. They lead a small band playing classic compositions by Ellington such as 'Mood Indigo' and 'Black And Tan Fantasy' By 1961 jazz was falling out of favour with the general public but this shows two of the most important people in early jazz still able to produce amazing music year after they have fallen out of the spotlight.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mood Indigo - (3:57) - 3,116 plays
- I'm Just A Lucky So And So - (3:09) - 2,500 plays
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (3:59) - 2,863 plays
- Duke's Place - (5:03) - 2,075 plays
- Solitude - (4:55) - 1,961 plays
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore - (3:31) - 2,010 plays
- Black and Tan Fantasy - (4:00) - 1,472 plays
- I'm Beginning to See the Light - (3:37) - 1,310 plays
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me - (2:38) - 1,274 plays
- The Beautiful American - (3:08) - 1,222 plays