Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
20 Shouts - 641,322 Scrobbles
American Freedom / The Great Summit / Together for the First Time is a 1961 jazz album (re released 2001) by jazz giants Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. They lead a small band playing classic compositions by Ellington such as 'Mood Indigo' and 'Black And Tan Fantasy' By 1961 jazz was falling out of favour with the general public but this shows two of the most important people in early jazz still able to produce amazing music year after they have fallen out of the spotlight.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (3:59) - 2,886 plays
- Mood Indigo - (3:57) - 1,144 plays
- I'm Just a Lucky So and So - (3:03) - 1,048 plays
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore - (3:35) - 877 plays
- I'm Beginning to See the Light - (3:17) - 770 plays
- Duke's Place - (5:03) - 819 plays
- Solitude - (4:55) - 802 plays
- Black and Tan Fantasy - (3:59) - 610 plays
- In a Mellow Tone - (3:52) - 526 plays
- Cottontail - (3:42) - 481 plays