Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
20 Shouts - 621,323 Scrobbles
American Freedom / The Great Summit / Together for the First Time is a 1961 jazz album (re released 2001) by jazz giants Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. They lead a small band playing classic compositions by Ellington such as 'Mood Indigo' and 'Black And Tan Fantasy' By 1961 jazz was falling out of favour with the general public but this shows two of the most important people in early jazz still able to produce amazing music year after they have fallen out of the spotlight.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - (3:59) - 3,030 plays
- Mood Indigo - (3:57) - 2,049 plays
- I'm Just a Lucky So and So - (3:03) - 2,031 plays
- Duke's Place - (5:03) - 1,460 plays
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore - (3:35) - 1,428 plays
- Solitude - (4:55) - 1,311 plays
- I'm Beginning to See the Light - (3:17) - 1,187 plays
- Black and Tan Fantasy - (3:59) - 964 plays
- The Beautiful American - (3:08) - 872 plays
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me - (2:38) - 914 plays
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release
- Jay Z Leads The GRAMMYs Nominations Pack With 9 Nods