34 Shouts - 116,725 Scrobbles
Lou Silver Harrison (May 14, 1917 – February 2, 2003) was an American composer. He was a student of Henry Cowell, Arnold Schönberg, and K.P.H. Notoprojo (also known as K.R.T. Wasitodiningrat or Pak Cokro). Harrison is particularly noted for incorporating elements of the music of non-Western cultures into his work, with a number of pieces featuring traditional Indonesian gamelan instruments, and several more featuring versions of them made out of tin cans and other materials. The majority of his works are written in just intonation rather than the more widespread equal temperament.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Philemon and Baukis - (12:39) - 462 plays
- Cornish Lancaran - (5:36) - 376 plays
- Avalokiteshvara - (2:17) - 222 plays
- Gending Alexander - (13:27) - 293 plays
- Threnody for Carlos Chavez - (8:03) - 244 plays
- Bubaran Robert - (5:17) - 198 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, Prelude - (6:36) - 123 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, In Honor Of The Divine Mr. Handel - (5:47) - 96 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, In Honor Of Mr. Mark Twain - (6:13) - 97 plays
- Suite No. 2: I. Jahla - (1:51) - 88 plays