34 Shouts - 114,715 Scrobbles
Lou Silver Harrison (May 14, 1917 – February 2, 2003) was an American composer. He was a student of Henry Cowell, Arnold Schönberg, and K.P.H. Notoprojo (also known as K.R.T. Wasitodiningrat or Pak Cokro). Harrison is particularly noted for incorporating elements of the music of non-Western cultures into his work, with a number of pieces featuring traditional Indonesian gamelan instruments, and several more featuring versions of them made out of tin cans and other materials. The majority of his works are written in just intonation rather than the more widespread equal temperament.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Philemon and Baukis - (12:39) - 494 plays
- Cornish Lancaran - (5:36) - 358 plays
- Avalokiteshvara - (2:17) - 216 plays
- Gending Alexander - (13:27) - 304 plays
- Threnody for Carlos Chavez - (8:03) - 229 plays
- Bubaran Robert - (5:17) - 180 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, Prelude - (6:36) - 117 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, In Honor Of Mr. Mark Twain - (6:13) - 94 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, In Honor Of The Divine Mr. Handel - (5:47) - 94 plays
- Suite No. 2: I. Jahla - (1:51) - 76 plays