33 Shouts - 110,226 Scrobbles
Lou Silver Harrison (May 14, 1917 – February 2, 2003) was an American composer. He was a student of Henry Cowell, Arnold Schönberg, and K.P.H. Notoprojo (also known as K.R.T. Wasitodiningrat or Pak Cokro). Harrison is particularly noted for incorporating elements of the music of non-Western cultures into his work, with a number of pieces featuring traditional Indonesian gamelan instruments, and several more featuring versions of them made out of tin cans and other materials. The majority of his works are written in just intonation rather than the more widespread equal temperament.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Philemon and Baukis - (12:39) - 569 plays
- Cornish Lancaran - (5:36) - 282 plays
- Gending Alexander - (13:27) - 286 plays
- Avalokiteshvara - (2:17) - 188 plays
- Threnody for Carlos Chavez - (8:03) - 185 plays
- Bubaran Robert - (5:17) - 119 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, Prelude - (6:36) - 77 plays
- Homage To Pacifica, In Honor Of The Divine Mr. Handel - (5:47) - 74 plays
- Suite No. 2: II. Waltz for Evelyn Hinrichsen - (1:58) - 69 plays
- Suite No. 2: I. Jahla - (1:51) - 60 plays